Thursday, July 23, 2009

Red Queen Concept Art



Character designer Michael Kutsche has posted a piece of concept art he made of the Red Queen for Alice in Wonderland.

On the DeviantArt page, Kutsche describes his experience with working on the film:


"In 2008 I had the opportunity to do a lot of the character designs for Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland".


I was very lucky to meet Tim Burton as well as Ken Ralston from Sony Imageworks, I've been working directly at the film set in Plymouth and later on at the set in LA, it's been a great time working for one of my favourite directors.
Seeing Johnny Depp's performance was also mindblowing, he's amazingly talented.

Since some images have already been released, including an image of Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen, I thought it could be nice to show the initial concept art.
I had a very quick sketch by Tim Burton to start with, the final costume that Helena is wearing is Colleen Atwood's work, she's a fantastic academy award-winning costume designer.
The artwork is completely done with Corel Painter X.

My IMDb page: [link]

Enjoy!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://michaelkutsche.deviantart.com/journal/25476494/#comments

There are some more with the Mad Hatter! Wow, they are totally different from what we have now!

- Matty

Anonymous said...

What a grotesque Red Queen! O_O