Saturday, January 26, 2008

Tim Burton's Home

Tim Burton recently mentioned the curious fact that his parents, for some reason or another, walled-up the windows in the little suburban house he lived in during his childhood in Burbank, California.

"I had two windows that looked out to the lawn. For some reason my parents walled them up and gave me this little slit window that I had to climb up on my desk to see out of. To this day I never asked them why," said the filmmaker in the Australian newspaper The Age.

Helena Bonham Carter offered information on the home she shares with her partner (and possibly her future husband, as Burton revealed recently), and with their two children: four-year-old Billy Ray Burton and their one-month-old daughter, whose name has yet to be officially released (though rumors online state it's Indiana Rose Burton). The pair have two separate, ajoining houses in North London.

"His side is messier and decorated with props from the films. My side is cutesy, Beatrix Potter, which is fine for him to visit but there's no way he could live in it. He thinks his side is James Bond," said Helena.

Billy's bedroom is in Tim's house.

Helena said: "I have the kitchen and a fire so we'll watch TV in my place.

"There is no normality in life. Having two houses means that we can get out of each other's hair - which, let's face it, we've both got a lot of!"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"There is no normality in life. Having two houses means that we can get out of each other's hair - which, let's face it, we've both got a lot of!"

Now that's the kind of mentality that keeps relationships alive ! Words to live by . Tim...Helena...love you guys....

Anonymous said...

I love it how they are able to have a laugh about themselves. They're not vain and very down to earth... to an extent!

Anonymous said...

Oh, yeah . I would LOVE to have dinner and a chat with them one day...and Johnny , of course . :::sighs::: Ah, don't I wish I could . Good people, the lot of 'em .

Anonymous said...

The seem like amazing people. I mean, I know they're amazing, look at what they've DONE, but they seem to be some of those "life-enrichers"... You know, the ones you're better off for knowing. :)

Anonymous said...

Yep. Never met them but have sensed that about them for a long time now .