Monday, August 03, 2009

Coverage of Upcoming MoMA Exhibit

NY1 did a news segment on the upcoming exhibition "Tim Burton" at the Museum of Modern Art. The video is online, and you can read what Burton had to say in case the video doesn't work in your territory:

Burton says sharing his so-called "visual diary" is a surreal experience.

Burton: It's like kind of having your laundry hanging up or something. It's like, 'Oh, he wears this kind of underwear,' something very strange about it. I haven't looked at it since I did it.

Shazia Khan: And what was it like to revisit that work?

Burton: Well, it's exciting, kind of re-energizes you. It's not something you want to do every day, kind of go back and look at everything, but after never doing it before, it kind of re-energized me and kind of made me excited.



On whether he considers his artwork dark:

"I never thought of it as dark, I always thought it was very light in a certain way. So I guess everybody's perception of light and dark is very different. But to me, it always kind of seemed light-hearted, but maybe a little bit of darkness to it."

No comments: