Wednesday, October 06, 2010

'The Nightmare Before Christmas'... in 4D?!


If you're in Los Angeles, prepare to see Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas as you've never seen it before... in 4D!

Broadway World reports that for a special engagement from October 21st until October 31st, the El Capitan Theatre will show the animated cult classic in Disney Digital 3D with additional "sensory effects" to complete the 4D experience, said Lylle Breier, senior vice president of worldwide special events for Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures.

Breier said, "As always, the El Capitan is your ‘Nightmare' headquarters, and this year, our guests will be introduced to the magic of 4-D. The film will be presented in Disney Digital 3-D, and there will be exciting sensory effects for our guests to experience at the same time - including wind, snow, fog, and much more. It's a way of seeing The Nightmare Before Christmas like never before for our loyal customers who have made a tradition out of seeing this Disney classic here every year."

The engagement kicks off on Thursday October 21 at 7:00 pm with opening night festivities hosted by Disney producer Don Hahn. There will be ghoulish treats in store for those who attend that evening.

The film screens daily at 10:00 am, 12:15 pm, 2:30 pm, 4:45 pm, 7:00 pm, and 9:15 pm. Special late night Halloween weekend shows will be given at 11:15 pm Fridays and Saturdays only.

Tickets can be purchased at the El Capitan's official website.

Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store, located adjacent to the El Capitan Theatre, joins in the Halloween spirit by offering a special "Pumpkin King Dinner" on select days, which includes dinner, ghoulish cupcake decorating, a commemorative photo and a special gift. Seating is limited and reservations are required.

Breier continued, saying, "We're delighted to be bringing Nightmare Before Christmas back to the El Capitan Theatre in a new and exciting way using both glorious Disney Digital 3-D and our special brand of 4-D for the first time ever. Our guests will get closer than ever to Halloweentown's beloved Pumpkin King, Jack Skellington, as he attempts to take over the Christmas holiday. Each year brings new screams of delight from our audiences, and they love being able to see their favorite Tim Burton characters in a whole new way. The film grows more popular every year with moviegoers and we're very excited to continue our Halloween tradition."

9 comments:

Jack said...

ooo, they should put smells in there too!

Unknown said...

AARGH

Why aren't they releasing it in 3-D again this year??? :(

It never came to my movie theater last year.

Anonymous said...

this isn't the right place to post this, but I would like to register at your forum, as I get to the page agree with terms, its takes me to the same page to click it again, and again, and again, and again,.. is there something I can do?

Anonymous said...

No one answered that last question it was posted by me, Anonymous, why can't I register at the forum, it seems to me, as i go to read post, I see that the robots and or spam bots have no problem registering.. Hmm creatures!!

Anonymous said...

Listen I'm using a mac, and I have to ignore the warning that there "was" a virus on that collective, I've ignored I go to the accept and it will not let me pass that mark, Can someone from this BLOG please guide me to do what I need to do to sign up... I would love to join the collective.. Just post here what I need to do, I check back often looking for a reply..

Fuzzy Duck said...

Anonymous: Have you tried a different email address? Cleaning your history and/or cookies? Attempting to sign in from a different computer? I honestly have no idea what the problem is. Have you tried contacting any of the webmasters or names associated with this blog directly?

Anonymous said...

It hasn't even given be a option to type an email address.. I'll look for a contact though, maybe on the collective board or here.. thank you

deadhearts666 said...

Lol @ Jack. xD

Hunter Accounts said...

this is my all time favorite movie. Love the works of Tim Burton+)