Friday, February 22, 2008

"Alice in Wonderland" Release Date Announced

With the writers' strike now officially over, Walt Disney Pictures has announced release dates for several films for 2009 and 2010. Among them is Tim Burton's upcoming adaptation of the fantasy Alice in Wonderland. The film, which will be a combination of performance capture animation and live-action, is set to be released on March 19, 2010.

The release date for Burton's other Disney project, Frankenweenie, was not mentioned in the article. But this is likely because it will be an animated film, and the article covered information on live-action (or mostly live-action) features. Frankenweenie is said to be released sometime in 2009.

7 comments:

Joey McInnis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Nice! Can't wait to see the movie myself!

Anonymous said...

but why the motion capture animation?! it looks so wooden, i wish hed pull a Roger Rabbit and have 2D with live action, or stop motion could have been cool.

Fuzzy Duck said...

^I feel the same way. Stop-motion has more of that quirky sensibility to it. But I think it was more Disney's idea to use performance capture animation. They're into those new gimmicks.

Anonymous said...

Yeah I thought He might do Stop-motion like in Monkeybone and James and the Giant Peach

Anonymous said...

Really is a shame . I'd always envisioned Tim Burton doing a stop-motion version of Alice in Wonderland . Ah, well . Hopefully , the Disney Corp. won't get its claws TOO deep into this .

Anonymous said...

=[ I can't stop thinking about this, it's becoming an obsession! I would love to audition heis films are all so weird and wonderful I can't stop watching them =[ I think he's cast it now, I'll be soo jealous of who gets alce they are so lucky =[
Tim burton- legend!