Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Burton on "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland"

Scifi.com reports that, in an interview, Burton wanted to maintain the essence of Lewis Carroll's original with his upcoming adaptation of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. "It's just such a classic, and the imagery is so surreal," said the director. "I don't know; I've never seen a version where I feel like they got it all. It's a series of weird adventures, and to try to do it where it works as a movie will be interesting."

Burton will also produce the film, which will be released by the Walt Disney Co. It will reportedly be a hybrid of live-action and performance-capture animation.

"The stories are like drugs for children, you know?" Burton said. "It's like, 'Whoa, man.' The imagery, they've never quite nailed making it compelling as a full story. So I think it's an interesting challenge to direct.

Filming on Alice's Adventures in Wonderland will commence in early 2008.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know this is weird but I want to audition for this movie. ( I would do ANYTHING to at least audition!) Does any one know how I might acomplish this? I'm a young girl so I could audition for Alice but I'm willing to compromise. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Get a life, girl.

Anonymous said...

Hey hey hey, don't get all grouchy at her...if she wants to audition and someone knew when and where it'd be, go ahead and tell her...who knows? She could be good, she could be the next Disney/Burton star (I'd prefer Burton, but I'm too old and tall to be alice...not to mention they probably want a blonde)

Anonymous said...

I think Johnny Deep should play the mad hatter I think that would be really funny and I'm all for playing the Dodo!

Anonymous said...

Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter . Heh . Wicked , yes...but I think Mr. Depp has hishands full with his own productions after Sweeney . REALLY good to know that Burton will be making a sincere effort to remain true to Lewis Carroll's version of the story . If anyone can understand the man's eccentric , surreal , opium - induced vision , it's him .

Anonymous said...

...and "anonymous" one....?....Frankly , I'd be willing to sacrifice a year of my meager salary to be in a Tim Burton film . Let the girl have her dreams . They do sometimes have the strangest way of becoming reality .

Anonymous said...

Let her have her dream, stranger things have indeed happened, just look at the lass who got to play Luna Lovegood in the last Harry Potter film, she was nothing more than a fan who took an opportunity....